Tuesday 3 October 2017

How I built my personal brand


I was asked by Boma Camp for my opinion on building my personal brand, and here’s what I said…

I was building my own brand from the day I started work.  

What I wore, how I carried myself and how I acted were all linked to this. It was long before we had mobile phones or social media - business in those days was done via landline phones or in face-to-face meetings. 

Now, we do the same amount of work, but through multiple channels.

I keep my photos and film footage up-to-date. I spend at least two days executing my personal brand photos, so they fit with the messages I’m conveying.

I work on my social media channels extensively. It’s not a full-time job, but I’m always on. I work in the media industry, so I have to demonstrate best practice.

Keeping yourself in the media helps to build your personal profile and enhance your website’s ranking in search engines. It also helps customers and your other stakeholders understand you and what you do. It’s about building a story

I speak at events, write editorial for publications, network and get involved with charities. I’m chair of Swindon Triathlon Club, which is a volunteering role. This allows me to put something back into the sport I love.

Sara Tye is an award winning, top 500 international PR, business and organisational development expert and serial entrepreneur. She is the founder and managing director of redheadPR and CEO of Etape Suisse.

Voted ‘Green PR of London’ by the Evening Standard, Sara is a passionate and motivational speaker, writer, coach, mentor and trainer. A keen networker, Sara is a top BNI member and Director Consultant in the UK.

Sara leads a team of smart, passionate people who identify opportunities and deliver return on investment for ambitious brands, individuals and organisations.

Sara has over 20 years of communications expertise and was a finalist in the first Cosmopolitan Women of the Year Awards in 1999. She played a key role in the implementation of the BT’s environmental policy and the development and management of the philanthropic Best Practice process at Yellow Pages.

Watch my video here 

No comments:

Post a Comment